4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2016 10:06 AM by yyzguy

access 2003 SP3 not downloadable

yyzguy Rookie

We have a Windows 7 machine that uses Access 2003 for historical purposes.  It shows Access 2003 SP3 as missing.  The "download" link shows "not downloadable".    I've refreshed the files, but the problem persists. Is this an issue with the current XML file?  Thanks

• 1. Re: access 2003 SP3 not downloadable
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Support for Access 2003 SP3 (it's actually the SP3 for the 2003 Office suite) was pulled from Protect due to it being EOL in 2009 and extended support ended in 2014.

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: access 2003 SP3 not downloadable
            yyzguy Rookie

While it may be true that MS ended support for the office 2003 suite, the downloads are still available.  Shavlik supports other EOL software.  For example MS13-002, EOL 2014.  Apple QuickTime for Windows which Apple specifcally said is vulnerable and will never be patched and should be removed. I'm sure others, like us, have older software that need support.  Yes, we can download and install manually, but as long as MS makes it available for download I think Shavlik should too.

• 3. Re: access 2003 SP3 not downloadable
              cwinning CommunityTeam

You may have a valid point there, there are two options here:

1. Create a feature request: Submit a Feature Request  I can ping a Product Manager if you provide me with the request number.

2. Create a case with support and request feedback from the Content Team.

Charles

• 4. Re: access 2003 SP3 not downloadable
                yyzguy Rookie

I'll go with option 3: Take care of it myself and let someone else deal with it. Perhaps another customer, "community member", moderator, Shavlik, or a competior will do the right thing. Babysitting my own systems systems is enough.  Babysitting vendors is too painful.