5 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2016 11:27 AM by cwinning

CreateDirectory Failed - Help!

Rookie

I'm on a two week Agile sprint to get Shavlik installed and tested by the end of this week. I'm comparing Shavlik to Lumension's 3rd party plug-in, but I'm unable to get Shavlik configured properly. When I run the Configuration Checker, the only error I receive is for the CreateDirectory failed. And when I try and publish an update I see the same error under the AutoPublish.log. WSUS is installed locally on my SCCM server, and updates are pointed to D:\MS Updates\WsusContent.  I've followed the instructions here: Exception Occurred During Publishing: CreateDirectory Failed except for the last part using wsusutil.exe because it just fails or tells me wrong syntax or "it wasn't expecting that" or something. I've uninstalled Shavlik and still nothing. I'm not sure where else my account I use to logon to the server, which group it needs to be in, or have permissions to to start working.

• 1. Re: CreateDirectory Failed - Help!
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Have you tried running SCCM as administrator?

The PatchDownloader.log could show some helpful errors.  Its located in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp folder will help identify any issues with proxy and\or the Wsuscontent folder.

Also, run a net share from the CMD prompt on the SCCM server and verify it matches where the processes in PatchDownloader.log are pointing to.

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: CreateDirectory Failed - Help!
            Rookie

Tried running it as Administrator, and I'm not seeing the PatchDownloader.log anywhere on the server.

• 3. Re: CreateDirectory Failed - Help!
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

That's very odd. It's possible it is failing before the log is generated.  What did the Net Share command show?  Did the Wsuscontent folder match where you think it should be?  Wsuscontent directory issues account for a lot of publishing issues with Shavlik Patch. 

These types of issues should be going through the support team due to the possible need for logs and a possible WebEx to get a better picture on what is going on.   

Thanks,

Charles

• 4. Re: CreateDirectory Failed - Help!
                Rookie

Thanks for your reply and help. Unfortunately since I'm just testing it out, I don't think they will give me much support on this. Looks like I'll be looking at Lumension instead to see if that integrates smoother than Shavlik.

• 5. Re: CreateDirectory Failed - Help!
                  cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Our support team won't turn down a request for help from a prospect. If you give them a call, they will help you.  I suggested the support team since they can look at your logs privately instead of posting them for all to see.  I'm more than happy to ask for the same information as long as you are comfortable with it.  Just say the word.

Also, you ran through the document, but the wsusutil.exe part failed, that is most likely key to what is causing your issue.  I was hoping the PatchDownloader.log would confirm this.

Thanks,

Charles