1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2016 1:44 PM by travisschuur Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Adobe Shockwave 12.2.4.194 not being detected with MSI
        travisschuur SupportEmployee

Regarding EqualTo instead of LESS THAN, We can not do that becuase it is a string, not a version type variable.

• 16. Re: Adobe Shockwave 12.2.4.194 not being detected with MSI
          dmart Rookie

Well then I am at a loss of why the MSI isn't applicable to all machines and now the EXE is no longer applicable also. I currently have version 12.1.6.156 installed in our environment and under InstallType Data is LicensedMSI. But for the Installable rule the InstallType Data is ATT. Would that account for the issue?

• 17. Re: Adobe Shockwave 12.2.4.194 not being detected with MSI
            croth2 Apprentice

Oh man, Adobe...just keep throwing wrenches into the gears of progress!  So we'll have to be quick to publish when updates become available, so this is either superseded or expire the update so it doesn't use it either.  That is really only and issue if someone manually updates theirs, since until I push out it wouldn't have a newer version available anyway.  Thanks for explanation.

travisschuur do you have access to the 12.2.3.183 or any previous version before 12.2.4.194 of the EXE?  I can't seem to download any old versions from Adobe/Macromedia and I really want to run another test that requires an older EXE version.

• 18. Re: Adobe Shockwave 12.2.4.194 not being detected with MSI

Sorry I don't have any for 12.2.3.183 or previous .exes and I am not able to find any online either.

• 19. Re: Adobe Shockwave 12.2.4.194 not being detected with MSI
                dmart Rookie

That was my issue, once I changed the Install Type Data to LicensedMSI it installed successfully.

• 20. Re: Adobe Shockwave 12.2.4.194 not being detected with MSI
                  croth2 Apprentice

Glad you figured that out, but seems as though Shavlik needs to update rules then unfortunately.  Mine did have ATT.  I don't know what those mean or why yours was LicensedMSI instead of ATT when I used the MSI right off Adobe's site.  It looks like it may be a version thing.  I don't have 12.1.6.156 on hand as you used, but I do have MSI 12.1.4.154.  When I installed that on my VM and my "InstallType" was now "LicensedMSI".

travisschuur looks like a metadata change may be needed for older software to be detected and the update to be considered installable.

Installable Rules:

<lar:And>
                      <lar:Not><bar:RegSz Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Adobe\Shockwave 12\currentupdateversion" Value="" Comparison="EqualTo" Data="1224194" RegType32="true" /></lar:Not>

<lar:Or>

<bar:RegSz Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Adobe\Shockwave 12\InstallType" Value="" Comparison="EqualTo" Data="ATT" RegType32="true" />

<bar:RegSz Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Adobe\Shockwave 12\InstallType" Value="" Comparison="EqualTo" Data="LicensedMSI" RegType32="true" />

</lar:Or>

<bar:WindowsVersion Comparison="GreaterThan" MajorVersion="6" MinorVersion="0" ProductType="1" />
                  </lar:And>

dmart maybe you could give that a try in the meantime as the Installable Rules so that your older clients get it as well as the newer?

• 21. Re: Adobe Shockwave 12.2.4.194 not being detected with MSI
                    croth2 Apprentice

I updated my Installable Rules to match my previous post.  It now detects both the InstallType LicensedMSI and ATT.  It was detected on both machines and installed successfully.

Shavlik folks metadata update seems needed.  Feedback?

• 22. Re: Adobe Shockwave 12.2.4.194 not being detected with MSI
                      croth2 Apprentice

More bad news.  I located an EXE installer for 12.1.4.154.  Shavlik does not detect it needing an update.  The issue is the "InstallType" is equal to "GeneralFull" and Shavlik is looking for only "LicensedEXE".  It does not seem like using the "InstallType" is a reliable way to determine EXE or MSI as Adobe/Macromedia has been inconsistent in their naming of the value.

Installable Rule changes could be either:

<bar:RegSzToVersion Value="DisplayVersion" Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Shockwave Player" Comparison="GreaterThanOrEqualTo" Data="11.5.0.0" RegType32="true" />

<bar:RegSzToVersion Value="DisplayVersion" Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Shockwave Player" Comparison="LessThan" Data="12.2.4.194" RegType32="true" />

<lar:Or>

<bar:RegSz Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Adobe\Shockwave 12\InstallType" Value="" Comparison="EqualTo" Data="LicensedEXE" RegType32="true" />

<bar:RegSz Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Adobe\Shockwave 12\InstallType" Value="" Comparison="EqualTo" Data="GeneralFull" RegType32="true" />

</lar:Or>

<bar:WindowsVersion Comparison="GreaterThan" MajorVersion="6" MinorVersion="0" ProductType="1" />

Or better yet I believe, just get rid of the InstallType entirely, as I the MSI will always be an MSI product code and I have only seen the EXE use the keys below:

<bar:RegSzToVersion Value="DisplayVersion" Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Shockwave Player" Comparison="GreaterThanOrEqualTo" Data="11.5.0.0" RegType32="true" />

<bar:RegSzToVersion Value="DisplayVersion" Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Shockwave Player" Comparison="LessThan" Data="12.2.4.194" RegType32="true" />

• 23. Re: Adobe Shockwave 12.2.4.194 not being detected with MSI

There should be a revision released on Friday

1 2 Previous Next