2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2016 2:23 AM by karenpeacock

Best place for customized SQL queries

Rookie

Hello,

I would like to share some slightly customized SQL queries which improve slightly on the views that can be found in the Protect Console, albeit in a CSV format. Would it be best to share these in a discussion or other area of the forum? Is anyone interested in these SQL queries?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Best place for customized SQL queries
          Rookie

I am going to go ahead and share my scripts in case anyone find them useful. I have added them to Pastebin, but I will include them at the bottom of this post.

[T-SQL] Patches in Patch Group - Pastebin.com

-- ====================================================================================================================

-- Purpose: Query Shavlik database to get detailed listing of patches in a patch group.

--

-- Dependencies: None

--

-- Notes: 

--

-- Version Date Author Comments

-- -------- ----------- ------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- v1.00 2016-05-10 Andrew Kaiser Initial Release.

-- ====================================================================================================================

USE [Protect]

SELECT p.patchBulletinID AS 'Bulletin ID'

, CONVERT(VARCHAR(10),p.patchBulletinDate,101) AS 'Bulletin Release Date'

, p.patchBulletinTitle AS 'Bulletin title'

, rpt.Value AS 'Patch Type Description'

, vs.Value AS 'Vendor Severity'

FROM PatchGroup AS pg

INNER JOIN PatchGroupPatch AS pgp

ON pg.pgrpKey = pgp.patchGroupId

INNER JOIN Patches AS p

ON p.patchID = pgp.patchId

INNER JOIN Reporting.PatchType AS rpt

ON rpt.Id = p.patchType

INNER JOIN LinkPatchProduct AS lpp

ON lpp.pspplID = p.patchID

INNER JOIN Reporting.VendorSeverity AS vs

ON lpp.pspplMSSeverity = vs.Id

WHERE pgrpName = 'WU-OS-2016-May' -- Replace pgrpName with the patch group name you are trying to list.

ORDER BY rpt.Value DESC, vs.Value -- This sorts by Patch Type, then by Vendor Severity, feel free to modify with any of the SELECT values above.

• 2. Re: Best place for customized SQL queries
            karenpeacock Employee

Hi Andrew

Thank you for sharing these with the community!  We are working on a new area where customers can share scripts and other utilities / ideas centrally so they can more easily located.  We'll also post back here once this is ready.

Best wishes

Karen