5 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2016 9:20 AM by cwinning

Firefox 46 Patch Download/Filename Issue?

JimmyKumbaya Rookie

Good morning.

It appears there's a couple of issues with the Firefox 46 downloads:

1) The patch retrievals fail (both architectures).

2) The vendor file name is incorrect for the x64 version, there's no distinction between the 32-bit and 64-bit names (they're both listed as "Firefox Setup 46.0.exe" in patch view), so even manually downloading the proper versions (to include "Firefox Setup 46.0_x64.exe") and poking them into the Patches folder only half works (for the x86 platform), since the filename Protect expects is wrong on the 64-bit version.

Unless I'm missing something.

Jim

• 1. Re: Firefox 46 Patch Download/Filename Issue?
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello Jim,

I downloaded the installers in my Protect 9.2 console. Are you seeing something different from this?

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Firefox 46 Patch Download/Filename Issue?
            JimmyKumbaya Rookie

Here's what I'm seeing from the patch breakdown immediately after a scan :

Capture.PNG

This is what I get when I try to download the x64:Capture2.PNG

And looking at the patches, this:

Capture3.PNG

The successful download wasn't actually successful: I navigated to the site and downloaded the x86 package manually and dumped it into the patch directory. I did so with the x64 version, too (Firefox Setup 46.0_x64.exe), but that doesn't light the "downloaded" icon because it appears to be expecting something other than Firefox Setup 46.0_x64.exe).

• 3. Re: Firefox 46 Patch Download/Filename Issue?
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

The download status for FF16-008 QFF46005955X64 is looking for Firefox Setup 46.0_x64.exe in the patches directory.  I proved this out in my Protect 9.2 install by deleting all of my patches and downloading FF16-008 QFF46005955X64.  I went as far as renaming a different .EXE to Firefox Setup 46.0_x64.exe and Protect showed the patch as downloaded. I'm not sure why it isn't the same for you, it could be a content data issue.  Verify you have the latest content data by looking in Help > About.  The versions are in the lower right hand.  If you don't see Windows Patch Definitions 2.0.1.6810 then perform the following:

1. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\LANDESK\Shavlik Protect\Console\DataFiles\WindowsPatchData_deltas
              2. Delete all of the files in this folder.
              3. Perform a Help > Refresh Files
              4. Verify the version again.

FYI: This is the download URL for FF16-008 QFF46005955X64

(copy and paste the entire URL)

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/46.0/win64/en-US/Firefox Setup 46.0.exe

Thanks,

Charles

• 4. Re: Firefox 46 Patch Download/Filename Issue?
                JimmyKumbaya Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I was confusing "Vendor File Name" and the download (patch) name. Protect still complains about the download (403 Forbidden), but I can work around that, seems like I've had an issue with that on another vendor's site (where I had to manually download the patch and dump it into Patches), something about the remote site's certs being untrusted. So long as I can workaround it I'm fine.

Thanks again,

Jim

• 5. Re: Firefox 46 Patch Download/Filename Issue?
                  cwinning CommunityTeam

Good to hear, let me know if you need anything else.

Charles