1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 29, 2016 6:31 AM by cwinning

Unable to perform scan - OPC open failure. Container c:\programdata..\WindowsPatchData.zip does not exist

Albert.vanthul Rookie

I got this error on a few systems since a week:

OPC open failure. Container 'C:\ProgramData\LANDESK\Shavlik Protect\Agent\Patch\WindowsPatchData.zip' does not exist

I have downloaded the WindowsPatchData.zip via from http://xml.shavlik.com/data/WindowsPatchData.zip and it seems to be solved on my machines, but how can i fix this error on other machines? This error occurs on severall machines, but not on all machines. Unfortenately I cannot find what is going wrong.

• 1. Re: Unable to perform scan - OPC open failure. Container c:\programdata..\WindowsPatchData.zip does not exist
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Are these agents pointing to a Distribution Server or the internet for their files?

Agent logs from the agent client would help, You may see errors in the STAgentUpdater.log when it attempts to update the WindowsPatchData.zip.

You will need to enable All logging in the Agent Policy to see helpful information, skip to 7 if it's already enabled.

1. Open the agent policy assigned to the machine you want to troubleshoot.

2. Change the logging level to ‘All’ and Save and update Agents.  Choose to update agents if prompted.

3. Attempt to reproduce the issue.

4. Take a look in the STAgentUpdater.log and search for WindowsPatchData.zip and look for errors.

Thanks,

Charles