5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2016 6:13 AM by cwinning

Scan email report - Subject title?

Thom.Turner Rookie

Hello,

I am setting up monthly reports for my manager.

So my reports are based on up to date patch scans, I am scheduling several scans based on different patch scan templates, then email out the results. However all the result emails have the subject of the report, like "detailed summary". I understand I can do this from the scheduled report, but that doesn't allow me to filter for specific patch scan templates, for example of SQL or Adobe patches.

many thanks,
      Thom

• 1. Re: Scan email report - Subject title?
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello Thom,

This feature isn't available for emailed reports after a scan and deployment in the current versions of Protect.  I think you best best is to submit a feature request.  Feature Request

Regarding the scheduled reports, they are based off of the scan results already filtered by the Scan Template so there is no need to select the Scan Template to report on.

Thank you,

Charles

• 2. Re: Scan email report - Subject title?
            Thom.Turner Rookie

Hi Charles,

Thanks for this I will submit a request.

Regarding the Schedule Report function, I can't choose which scan results to use, this functionality is only available in the Create Reports operation.

I need to send 4 monthly reports for critical and important security updates only.

• Missing Server MS patches
            • Missing Desktop MS patches
            • Missing Desktop adobe and Java patches
            • Missing Server SQL patches

What is the best way to achieve this so the results are filtered as required and are based on up to date missing patches?

Many thanks,
            Thom

• 3. Re: Scan email report - Subject title?
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

The only was to send reports for specific scans/deployments you need to set it up in either the Scan Template, Machine Group or Deployment Template.

For automation:

• Missing Server MS patches
                • Setup a scan for your servers, setup a Machine Group that contains your servers.  Use a Scan Template that filters for the patches you want to report on.  Setup the report in this Scan Template too.
              • Missing Desktop MS patches
                • Setup a scan for your desktops, setup a Machine Group that contains your workstations.Use a Scan Template that filters for the patches you want to report on.  Setup the report in this Scan Template too.
              • Missing Desktop adobe and Java patches
                • Scan all of your machines. Use a Scan Template that filters for the patches you want to report on, you can filter the scan for Adobe and Java patches.  Setup the report in this Scan Template too.
              • Missing Server SQL patches
                • Scan all of your machines. Use a Scan Template that filters for the patches you want to report on.  Setup the report in this Scan Template too.

If you need to be more specific, you will have to manual create the reports using Advanced Filters and then manually send the reports out.

Thanks.

Charles

• 4. Re: Scan email report - Subject title?
                Thom.Turner Rookie

Hi Charles,

I have have set up the scheduled Scans but my last query is to do with the emailed report.

As the Shavlik administrator I get email reports for all the scans, however my manager only needs to receive these monthly reports. So where should I add him to receive only these reports automatically.

Do I need to create a machine group or scan template specifically just for these reports that will only get used once per month and add his email address in?

Ideally I want to create a report that uses existing machine groups and scan templates but that scheduled report has specific email report addressees.

I hope this makes sense,

Thom

• 5. Re: Scan email report - Subject title?
                  cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

That's going to be a tough one.  You should be able to use the same Machine Groups unless you have emailed reports setup in them, I would suggest using the email setting in the templates in your case so you can control the emailed reports through them.  I think you will need a separate Scan Template for the monthly reports, you can make a copy of the current templates and change the emailed report settings, just name them Monthly Reports.  You can then schedule a monthly scan that will give your manager a report.

Thanks,

Charles