Were not going to be much help here since we don't specifically work or test against the Self-Service Portal. I asked around QA and R&D and couldn't find anyone who has setup or used it.
I would start by making sure the patch shows in All Software Updates and then trouble this like a Microsoft patch now showing on the Self-Service Portal.
thanks, I figured it out
Any chance you could share the fix? It may help other customers in the future.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
In SCCM go to the Software Library, select All Software Updates
Search for desired application update (in this case I searched for Java)
Right-click the update desired and select Deploy
Deployment Name: input the desired name for your environment, and fill in your description
Collection: Browse collections. NOTE - you will only be able to see device collections, so you will want to create an appropriate device collection before you reach this step
Select the desired collection, then click Next in the General screen
In Deployment Settings set Type of Deployment to: Available (this will populate the application to the Software Center giving the user the option to install themselves, but will not force the install)
Set the desired Detail Level, click Next
Verify Scheduling is appropriate, click Next
Verify User Experience settings, click Next
Verify Alerts, click Next
Verify Download Settings, click Next
Verify Summary, click Next. Once deployment is complete, it may take some time for the application to show as available, but any device in the device collection that needs this software will see the deployment available in Software Center based on your SCCM system refresh time.
Users should be able to install the software successfully
Thank you very much taking the time to post the solution to your issue.