5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2016 6:41 AM by cwinning

How to publish the latest Java for self service?

Rookie

I have successfully pushed out other Java updates via SCCM WUS, but I would like to make the latest Java update available via the self service portal for those who need the latest/greatest as quickly as possible. I have tried publishing the current Java 8u71, but can't seem to get it to show up in the self service portal.

Any pointers would be helpful

• 1. Re: How to publish the latest Java for self service?
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Were not going to be much help here since we don't specifically work or test against the Self-Service Portal.  I asked around QA and R&D and couldn't find anyone who has setup or used it. 

I would start by making sure the patch shows in All Software Updates and then trouble this like a Microsoft patch now showing on the Self-Service Portal.

Thanks,

Charles 

• 2. Re: How to publish the latest Java for self service?
            Rookie

thanks, I figured it out

• 3. Re: How to publish the latest Java for self service?
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Any chance you could share the fix?  It may help other customers in the future.

Thanks,

Charles

• 4. Re: How to publish the latest Java for self service?
                Rookie

In SCCM go to the Software Library, select All Software Updates

Search for desired application update (in this case I searched for Java)

Right-click the update desired and select Deploy

Deployment Name: input the desired name for your environment, and fill in your description

Collection: Browse collections. NOTE - you will only be able to see device collections, so you will want to create an appropriate device collection before you reach this step

Select the desired collection, then click Next in the General screen

In Deployment Settings set Type of Deployment to: Available (this will populate the application to the Software Center giving the user the option to install themselves, but will not force the install)

Set the desired Detail Level, click Next

Verify Scheduling is appropriate, click Next

Verify User Experience settings, click Next

Verify Alerts, click Next

Verify Download Settings, click Next

Verify Summary, click Next. Once deployment is complete, it may take some time for the application to show as available, but any device in the device collection that needs this software will see the deployment available in Software Center based on your SCCM system refresh time.

Users should be able to install the software successfully

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: How to publish the latest Java for self service?
                  cwinning CommunityTeam

Thank you very much taking the time to post the solution to your issue.

Charles