8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2016 8:22 AM by ntuit1

After upgrade to 9.2 deployments do not always execute

Rookie

Since upgrading to 9.2, patch deployments fail to execute on some pcs. I schedule them, the patches are downloaded & copied to the pcs, and the status goes to scheduled, but they don't execute.  This does not occur on all my pcs -- for example the same set of patches deployed to 236 pcs may result in 90 of them never executing.  If I do a scheduleview status on the 90 pcs, they show no jobs scheduled.  However, If I reboot those 90 pcs and reschedule the deployment, they will execute without a problem.  Due to circumstances, I have been unable to determine if it is always the same pcs -- I don't believe it is, but I don't have the data to confirm.  I have tried uninstalling / reinstalling the scheduler and then redeploying the patches (without a reboot), but that does not work.

I am using the Shavlik scheduler, port 5120 with the scheduler lifetime set to leave the service running.  Typically all pcs are rebooted every afternoon, or at least once a week so it's not like they've been running forever.

Unfortunately I haven't had a lot of time to do any digging or open a support case.  I was hoping maybe somebody else had this issue & could shed some light.  Thanks for any help!