3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2016 7:25 AM by cwinning

I need to deploy the new Microsoft EMET 5.5 using custom actions

swichowski Rookie

I need to deploy the new Microsoft EMET 5.5 using custom actions and it will not deploy.

I have the following set up for my deployment template.    Is shavliik going to add EMET to its deployment?

Thank you

Push File

P:\ProgramData\LANDESK\Shavlik Protect\Console\Patches\EMET Setup.msi

Before any Patches

%PATHTOFIXES%EMET Setup.msi /q

• 1. Re: I need to deploy the new Microsoft EMET 5.5 using custom actions
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

I don't know of any plans on adding that product.  Please submit a feature request so our content team can add it to the list:  Shavlik Feature Request Form

Are you running Protect 9.2?

Does it look like all the files are being copied?

We run all jobs as the System Account, does installing EMET require an admin to run it?

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: I need to deploy the new Microsoft EMET 5.5 using custom actions
            swichowski Rookie

Charles,

Yes I am running 9.2

I see a null patch file copied to the machine I am trying to put it on but the Emet file does not show on the machine..

Yes it does need to run with our Admin account we have set up in Shavlik.

When I push the file to a machine the null patch goes to the machine and then about a minute later the machine reboots and the Emet is still not there.

Thank you

Steve

• 3. Re: I need to deploy the new Microsoft EMET 5.5 using custom actions
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

The custom files would be copied to C:\Windows\ProPatches\Staged\DatedSubFolder and then to C:\Windows\ProPatches\Installation when the job starts.  Not to the \Patches folder.

The blocking element here is the requirement for the install to use an admin account.  All of our deployment run as the System Account and this cannot be changed.

You could test this by installing the file using EMET Setup.msi /q from a System enabled CMD.

1. Download psexec (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897553.aspx)

2, Open a command prompt and navigate to the extracted folder. Run psexec.exe to open cmd.exe with -i -s as depicted below:

psexec.exe cmd.exe -s -i

In the new command prompt that opens, navigate to the EMET Setup.msi using the install switched you have set in the Deployment Template.

EMET Setup.msi /q

This will effectively launch the .exe using the SYSTEM account they same way as we do when launching the patch installs.

Thanks,

Charles