1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 8, 2016 12:12 PM by cwinning

firefox failing to update

Rookie

Hello

I am just testing our latest updates and firefox is failing to even try to install to the workstations.

A bit of background - we use the filters to check for products we patch in the long list of available patches - unfortunately it seems that Firefox changed in the list from "Mozilla Firefox" to just "Firefox" as such, Firefox updates were not included for a few months in our update packages.

I have since corrected the filter and select the latest Firefox update (english version 44.0.2)

My client workstations currently run version 39.0.3, when applying the updates from the latest deployment, firefox update does not apply, it doesn't fail, it just doesn't even try - it's as though that version doesn't supersede 39.0.3.

I have since been in and tried to fill the gaps with the missing updates, these publish ok from shavlik to WSUS, however, when I do the sync from SCCM to WSUS, the wsyncmgr log file shows that the older firefox updates have been superseded.

Should the latest update for Firefox 44.0.2 supersede 39.0.3?

Maybe I am missing something obvious, but I wondered if anyone had any ideas how to get these updates installing again, hopefully without the need to package a full new version of Firefox.

Many thanks in advance of any assistance with this.

Sarah

• 1. Re: firefox failing to update
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Firefox 39.0.3 is listed as superseded / replaced by Firefox 44.0.2 and should be offered if it's published.  I would suggest creating a case with support and provide them with these registry exports:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
          • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
          • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products
          • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\Packages
          • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Patches

Customer Support Portal

Thank you,

Charles

1 of 1 people found this helpful