7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2016 7:44 AM by cwinning

Add machines to Scheduled Scan

Rookie

Does anyone know if it'd be possible in anyway to add machines or machine groups to a scheduled scan after it's been created. I can just uncheck any machines I don't want in a scheduled scan, but I can't add any. This makes reusing existing schedules impossible.

Even if it's not possible through the GUI I'd be interested if it's possible within SQL.

2016-03-07_08h48_44.png

• 1. Re: Add machines to Scheduled Scan
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Scheduler against Machine Groups and then add or remove the machine to the Machine Groups associated with the scheduled scan and it will see the new machines.

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Add machines to Scheduled Scan
            Rookie

That's what I'm currently trying, but when I do that the machines are removed from their primary machine group and only appear in this new machine group.

I don't like this solution because I'd like to keep all servers in a server machine group, but be able to add and remove them individually from scheduled scans as necessary.

• 3. Re: Add machines to Scheduled Scan
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Are you looking at View > Machines?  If yes, that is a dynamic view of machines and not a list of Machine Groups.  In this view, machines will appear under the last Machine Group name it was scanned from.  I was was referring to Machine Groups located on the far left hand pane of the UI, drop down menu > Machine Group.  Those are static.  If I'm way off here, I would love some screenshots.

Thanks,

Charles

• 4. Re: Add machines to Scheduled Scan
                Rookie

You're correct, but when I view the dynamic view on the right with machines I'd like my servers to show up under the server machine group not under sch-Monday-weekly for ex. I'm not confused how the views work I just really want to know if it's possible in the GUI or SQL to add new machines to an already established scheduled scan.

• 5. Re: Add machines to Scheduled Scan
                  cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

It's impossible to manually group machines in View > Machines through the UI or by script.  It will always be dynamic base on the last group it was scanned from.

Thanks,

Charles

• 6. Re: Add machines to Scheduled Scan
                    Rookie

I understand that. My original question still remains though. Can I add additional machines individually to an already established scheduled scan? I feel that it has to be possible if only through the SQL database.

• 7. Re: Add machines to Scheduled Scan
                      cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

You can only do this when using Machine Groups to schedule the scan/deployments, it's not possible through scripting or any other method.  Once you have the scheduled scan set you can add the machine(s) to the Machine Group associated with the scheduled scan and it will see the new machines.

Thanks,

Charles