1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2016 6:03 AM by cwinning

Error 13 The scan started and all connections and registry access appeared to work, but an unexpected network event terminated the scan."

Apprentice

Recently I have been seeing more and more error 13 "The scan started and all connections and registry access appeared to work, but an unexpected network event terminated the scan." Another similar post had mentioned that  deleting the 

HKLM\software\wow6432node\Microsoft\Update\Shavlik92  fixes the issues. Yes it does fix the issue every time no reboot required. So that is fine for a few systems here and there but now  I am seeing the  issue more and more even with some I just fixed by deleting the registry key. Seems that  upon reboot  from patching  something in the rescan process fails and  until that key is deleted  any scan on that system will result in error 13. Since the last  9.2 update  I have been seeing this issue  more frequently yet some systems scan fine even with the key existing.  I cant be fixing this on hundreds of systems that I manually scan. Is there something in the console that is causing this?  All required ports in and out are verified as open and I can scan the same systems giving me error 13  with a custom patch  scan (like for example scanning for IE 11) and they scan fine yet if I choose a compete scan like the default security patch scan it fails with error 13

1 2 Previous Next