4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2017 9:00 PM by Srinu

Identify clients missing IE version

Thom.Turner Rookie

Hello,

How can Shavlik tell me which clients in a domain don't have a certain IE version. I would like this in a report.

• 1. Re: Identify clients missing IE version
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

We don't have a report or view that is going to list machines that don't have a specific version of IE installed.  The Machine Inventory report will tell you which version if IE is installed on the target machines.  You can export the data from the report and use it to determine if machines have the required version.

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Identify clients missing IE version
            Thom.Turner Rookie

Hi Charles,

Thanks for this. This does work, but its manual, and if I have hundreds of servers is a real pain. There is no filter even, its a case of searching a work book for individual versions. I was hoping Shavlik could do more, other patching tools do. Perhaps I will submit this as an improvement.

Thanks,

Thom

• 3. Re: Identify clients missing IE version
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Although still manual, you can use Advanced Filters when creating the report.  Check mark the Use Advanced Filter option and click on Select Advanced Filters.  Select the Products you wan to report on, like all the IE versions.  This would reduce the clutter you need to parse through.

We also have Report Views Guide where you can write your own queries to mine data from the database.

In Protect 9.2, you have the ability to schedule reports, but the Machine Inventory isn't included yet.  A feature request to add it would we a good idea. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Charles

• 4. Re: Identify clients missing IE version
                Srinu Rookie

Hi,

First scan your servers once and create a report with the following steps.

1. Pick Report
                  • Select report to view “End-of-Life by Product”
                2. Pick Filter Options
                  • Check “Use Advanced Filter”
                3. View Report
                  • Click on “Select advanced filters”
                    • Select scan name
                    • Machines (optional)
                    • Select product “Internet Explorer”

You will get a report by product wise (IE Version wise). Hope it will works for you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful