1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 16, 2015 7:48 AM by cwinning

Shavlik Patch SCCM - Flash Player 20 only required on 40% of systems

Rookie

Hi,

An issue I have come across in our organisation before but hadn't reviewed previously. We have Shavlik patch installed with SCCM 2012 SP1.

I've noticed that following approval of a new flash update via Shavlik (Adobe Flash Player 20.0.0.235 Firefox), it shows that it is only required on approx. 40% of our computers, and not required on another 40%. (The remaining 20% being offline machines, not yet scanned etc). This is incorrect as currently 96% of our estate is using Flash Player 19.0.0.245, all of which have been installed from a single MSI (thus using a identical GUID).

It seems the detection method begin used by Shavlik might be causing the updates to show as not required. Is this something you can assist with? This isn't the first time we had this issue, I came across this earlier this year however assumed that due to the various versions of flash player in use, the required count would be incorrect. To remediate this, I deployed a single version of flash to all devices in order to standardise our environment. Despite having nearly all devices on the same version I still have the issue of Shavlik based flash player updates showing not required.

Many thanks

• 1. Re: Shavlik Patch SCCM - Flash Player 20 only required on 40% of systems
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

I spoke with the Content Team about this post and they would like to see a case create.

Gather and zip the following registry exports from an affected target machine:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
          • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
          • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products
          • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\Packages
          • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Patches

Use this link to create a case:  Support Portal

Zip the registry exports and attach them to the case.

Please reference this thread in the case.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Charles