5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2015 10:38 AM by cwinning

Agent can be installed and reinstalled, but I can't update policy

Dmitriy.Kolesnikov Rookie

Hello,

I scanned the Ip range, found user machines and the agent has been installed. When I tried to update policy then got the error "Agent didn't respond". We checked access rights, firewall settings, Kaspersky antivirus restrictions - it seems OK. Could you help to solve issue?

• 1. Re: Agent can be installed and reinstalled, but I can't update policy
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Make sure Port 4155 is open from Protect server to the target machine.  Also make sure you update the Tools > Console Alias Editor with the NetBIOS name, FQDN and IP address of the Protect server to ensure the agent can route traffic back to the Protect console.  You should also verify the agent is fully installed on the target.  Are you able to start a scan, download binaries or check-in from the agent UI?

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Agent can be installed and reinstalled, but I can't update policy

Hello,

This machine in another domain and domains have no trusted relationships.

See below aliases of console.

2015-11-23_1331.png

I added IP-address and name of the server console to file 'hosts' (system32) on target machine.

I can do the check-in action on target machine, but got the Error 2 when tried to update binaries from target machines.

Actions of starting scan or patching are not enabled on the UI – only check-in, update binaries and update patch data.

Best regards

• 3. Re: Agent can be installed and reinstalled, but I can't update policy
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

The agent isn't full installed, issues like this are difficult to troubleshoot without logs, you may want to consider opening a case.  It could be a data issue or a communication issue between the agent and the Protect server.

Attempt to manually install the agent on a target using the IP address of the Protect server.

Since there is no trust relationship, you should be using Passphrase Authentication.

Unless you wan the agents to get their data/patches from the internet,  you will need to setup a Distribution Server (DS)? I would suggest creating a local admin account on the server you are going to use as a DS since you don't have a trust between the domains.

If this doesn't work, you should open a case with support so they can take a look at logs and possibly WebEx with you.

1. Open the agent policy assigned to the machine we are gathering logs from.

2. Change the logging level to ‘All’ and Save and update Agents.  Choose to update agents if prompted.

3. Go to the target machine, close the agent GUI and stop the services:

o The services start with Shavlik or ST.

4. Delete all the logs from:

o Vista & Later: C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Logs

o Earlier OS’s:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Logs

5. Start services.

6. Attempt to reproduce the issue. Manually install the Agent.

7. Take applicable screenshots.

8. Zip and send all the logs and screenshots. (from the previous specified folders above)

Please reference this thread in the case.

Thanks,\

Charles

• 4. Re: Agent can be installed and reinstalled, but I can't update policy

Hello,

Now I reinstalled the Agent manually and change the policy to manage agent manually before it. I can start patching, check-in and update binaries manually from Agent. But I can't do it from console.

• 5. Re: Agent can be installed and reinstalled, but I can't update policy
                  cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Is port 4155 open between the Protect server and the target agent machine?

Thanks,

Charles