I have the exact same problem however, it includes the same errors for QuickTime and Adobe flash, not just Microsoft patches. Very frustrating and there appears to be no help for this issue anywhere online.
Thee are no known issue with downloading patches right now. For the MS patch download failures, I can only assume the root cert on the Protect server is out of date and cannot validate the digital signatures of the patches. It could be other things too. For both issues, I would suggest opening a case so we can look at logs and eliminate the guess-work here.
1. Please open the Protect GUI and then go to Tools > Options > Logging and change logging to “All” for both user interface and services.
2. Close the Protect GUI.
3. Stop the following services
a.Shavlik Protect Console Service
b. ST Remote Scheduler Service
4. Delete all the logs from
a. Windows 7, 8, 2008, 2012 & Vista: C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Logs
b. Earlier OS’s: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Logs
5. Start the console service and open the Protect GUI.
6. Attempt to reproduce the issue. Download patches that are failing.
a. Collect the logs from the Logs folder mentioned earlier in step 4 (please zip if possible)
7. Zip and attach the logs to the case.
Support Portal: https://support.shavlik.com/CaseLogging.aspx
Let me know if you have any questions.