3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2015 10:21 AM by cwinning

Adobe updates consistently failing to publish

Rookie

I consistently run into an issue where Adobe updates fail to publish. They frequently return "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."  They are not listed as superseded.

Is anyone else seeing this? I would like to get these patches published and deployed as soon as possible.

• 1. Re: Adobe updates consistently failing to publish
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Normally, the smart filter Latest Not Published would filter out superseded patches. The issue is the  supersedence data for some of the products has not been added to Shavlik Patch .cab file so these outdated patches will attempt to publish if you are relying on the smart filter.  Our Content Team is working on adding the data, but I don't have an ETA when it will be added.

So all of the patches you see errors for are no longer available from the vendor.  The workaround here is to publish the latest patches only.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Adobe updates consistently failing to publish
            Rookie

Is there any way to determine what patches superseded the old ones to resolve the vulnerabilities? The patches are still available through Adobe's site, and I do not see any supersedence information there either.  Here is one example Adobe - Security Bulletins: APSB11-22 - Security updates available for Adobe Photoshop CS5

Like many companies, our vulnerability management has come under increased scrutiny and I need to be able to determine if the issue has been resolved or not.

• 3. Re: Adobe updates consistently failing to publish
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Any patch with a Yes or No under the supersedence column will tell you if a newer patch is available.  All patches that have a no data in the column may or may not be available.

Your best bet would be to attempt to publish all of the patches and ignore the errors in the logs.  The patches that are still available will publish and will be available for deployment. Use the Published Third-Party Updates view to verify which patches have been published.

Thanks,

Charles