3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2015 9:43 AM by cwinning

Auto Deployment Rule download failed

Rookie

Hi All,

I'm getting these error only on my Shavlik Patch Plugin Installation, I'm deploying Windows and Office update through SCCM with issue, does any one have any ideas?

errorlog.png.PNGerrorlog.PNG

• 1. Re: Auto Deployment Rule download failed
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

I would think the error is the result of trying to publish updates that are no longer available from the vendor. Did you setup the Shavlik Plugin to attempt to publish everything?  Are your ADRs attempting to deploy old 3rd party patches?  3rd party vendors tend to use the same download URLs for all of their patches so errors like this will show depending on what you are trying to publish/deploy.

Also, the error isn't specif to the Shavlik Patch plugin, there may be more information on the MS support sites too.

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Auto Deployment Rule download failed
            Rookie

I have refined one of the ADR's to only publish the very latest product i have confirmed the content existing in the WSUS Content folder and is also available via the http://servername:8530/Content/XX/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.cab

Currently i am using 8530 no-ssl does shavlik require 8531 SSL ?

• 3. Re: Auto Deployment Rule download failed
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Shavlik Patch doesn't require port 8531, but for the sake of security we suggest using it when possible.  You can run the Settings > Verify Tool to see of there are any obvious issues.

Another high possibility is a proxy issue in your environment.  When using ADR's, SCCM is looking for patches that have already been published and then automatically deploying them.  It's trying to get the update from the WSUS server (Not the internet).  This is SCCM so it's not our proxy settings.

You should verify publishing 3rd party patches are working and see what happens if you manually deploy one of the patches to see if it works or if you encounter a different error.

Thanks,

Charles