3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2015 12:16 PM by cwinning

Machine view shows no items.

Rookie

Can someone point me in the direction of a document that explains the "Machine View" display selection logic? It seems to me that if I bring up Machine View for a group that includes 29 members, I should see a listing od 29 machines, not "There are no items to show in this view". Thank you.

• 1. Re: Machine view shows no items.
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

I'm not aware of any documentation outside of the help files.

Do you have a screenshot showing what you are seeing?  Do you have a smart filter enabled or something typed into the search?

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Machine view shows no items.
            Rookie

To clarify, I selected "View in Machine View" from the "Machine Group" screen. This is a copy of an old group. This one has yet to be scanned. That may be the issue, but it still does not make sense to me that machines in the group do not show. As I recall, I have also see it happen that machines that had been deleted in the group show up in the "Machine View"-a recipe for disaster if you ask me.

Shavlik.jpg

• 3. Re: Machine view shows no items.
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Only machines that have been scanned or have an agent installed on it will show in View > Machines.

Machines removed from a Machine Group would not be removed from View > Machines, they are separate.

FYI: A Machine Group is a static group and View > Machines is a dynamic view that can change depending on how a machine is scanned. For instance, include a machine in 2 or more Machine Groups.  The machine in the View > Machines would move from group to group based on which Machine Group it was last scanned in. It's dynamic.

Thanks,

Charles