3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2015 6:47 AM by cwinning

Agent deployment failing

Rookie

Recently i noticed i am unable to deploy agents. The machines are detected and scan fine, but when i select a machine or machine group, right click and attempt to deploy the agent along with a policy it fails with a generic "Deployment failed".

Where should i start troubleshooting?

• 1. Re: Agent deployment failing
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

I would recommend creating a new Machine Group, add credentials specific for the machine and try again.

• What percentage does the deployment fail at?  That will give us an idea where it is failing.
          • Check Help > About in Protect and verify that you are not over your Deployment Seat count.
          • If you want, you could take a look at agent install logs:  Obtaining Protect Console and Agent Installation Logs

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Agent deployment failing
            Rookie

It fails at 'Copying files to target machine' and installation progress is at 0%. This was done on a newly created group.

Also, i checked and we are not over our deployment seat count.

• 3. Re: Agent deployment failing
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Normally, a 0% failure would indicate a credentials issue or a DNS issue preventing the files from copying over.  It could of course indicate a deeper issue if all agent deployments are failing.  Did you specifically add valid credentials to the new group?  Viewing the logs would help clue you in too.  Agent issues are difficult to troubleshoot without viewing logs.

Thanks,

Charles