3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2015 9:00 AM by cwinning

Adobe Air - Not Updating

Kelly.Walsingham Rookie

We have a number of machines that require the latest Adobe Air Update but the ones that require it are just not updating, I dont see anything in the logs of the machines saying there is an error, its like they just arent see it.

And some machines which I know have are not showing as requiring it.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Adobe Air - Not Updating
          cwinning CommunityTeam

It's possible the detection is not able to identify is Abode Air (or what version) is installed on the target. Do you see any of the following GUIDs in the registry of the target?

• "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{8E56E3FC-7E6C-53DF-F35B-2EED0CB69BC1}
          • "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{0A5B39D2-7ED6-4779-BCC9-37F381139DB3}
          • "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{7BBAEC47-1CC0-4CB8-ADB4-531B78DBD1DD}
          • "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{7B77622E-DE90-48EA-B2C7-227B1DE58A01}
          • "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{34927EBC-98D4-4D53-98BE-510DF5999F50}
          • "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{31B9D218-FED2-4C6C-B19F-7294FFC130B0}
          • "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{31B9D218-FED2-4C6C-B19F-7294FFC130B0}

If yes, what is the value of this key?

• "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe AIR" Value="DisplayVersion"

Thank you,

• 2. Re: Adobe Air - Not Updating
            Kelly.Walsingham Rookie

I checked a few machines and they have this uninstall string:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe AIR" Value="DisplayVersion"

• 3. Re: Adobe Air - Not Updating
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Judging from that information, you should be offered the patch.  We've tested against a machine with installed and the upgrade to was successful. I can't see anything blocking on our side, was the upgrade successful on any of your machines?  Have you verified if the install attempt was made? Any mention of the patch in the WindowsUpdate.log (%windir%\Windowsupdate.log)?