5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2015 9:03 AM by cjensen

Detection issues

Rookie

It seems like the last update or two has lead me to have some detection issues with certain patches. KB3038701, KB2878252, KB3004365, and KB3018238. These look to be older patches (over 6 months old) but all of the sudden they show up as being needed. They fail when I try to deploy then. I even tried to manually run the stand-alone package on the servers themselves and it tells me the patches are not needed. Has anybody else seen this?

• 1. Re: Detection issues
          cjensen SupportEmployee

Hi,

I have looked through open support cases and thus far I do not see any issues reported regarding these patches. Can you confirm the Patch Assessment version information from within Help>About? I would like to make sure that the Console is utilizing the latest data.

Thanks,
          Channing

• 2. Re: Detection issues
            Rookie

• 3. Re: Detection issues
              cjensen SupportEmployee

Are you using one of the default scan templates (Security Patch Scan or WUScan) when these patches show as missing or are you using a template that you have created? If you are not using one of the default templates, please try using one of those and let me know if the issue persists. At which point we will want to work on gathering a DPDTrace and some registry exports as I will need to look deeper into this.

Thanks,

Channing

• 4. Re: Detection issues
                Rookie

Ran a default WUscan and they still all show up as missing

• 5. Re: Detection issues
                  cjensen SupportEmployee

If that is the case we will definitely want to gather a DPDTrace from the target machine. The link below will walk you through this process:

DPDTrace Logging Tool Used For Patch Detection Issues

Please include the registry exports listed at the bottom of the document as well. At which point you can create a case through support.shavlik.com and upload the files there or zip them up and email them directly to me at channing.jensen@shavlik.com. If you would prefer, you can also reach out to our technical support team at 800-690-6911 and they can assist you with this process and get a support case created for you. Once we have this data we should be able to better determine what is happening.

Thanks,
                  Channing