4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2015 11:57 PM by richard.booth@attenda.net

MS-15-065

dundee Rookie

Has anyone seen the same problem that I have?

After scanning a server the patch ms15-065 was missing. I then deployed that patch and after a rescan

the patch was still missing. i had to do another deployment. After that the missing patch was gone.

I tried it on several servers (W2K8 R2 and W2K12 R2). It was the same.

I am running ShavlikProtect Standard 9.1.0

Any ideas?

Thanks

dundee

• 1. Re: MS-15-065
          Rookie

Hi Dundee,

Yes, we have the same issue... it's because MS15-065 is made up of two different patches - see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3076321

There is KB3074886 and KB3065822.

Now according to that Microsoft article (in the FAQ)..

"I am running Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8, or Internet Explorer 9. Are there additional updates I should be aware of?
          Yes. For Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8, and Internet Explorer 9, update 3074886 is bundled with update 3065822. For more information about this update, please see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 3074886.

Note For Windows Update, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), or Microsoft Update Catalog customers:

Update 3074886 is installed automatically and transparently together with security update 3065822. Update 3074886 will appear separately from security update 3065822 in the list of installed updates when viewed in the Add Remove Programs or the Programs and Features item in Control Panel."

It looks like the above bundling isn't happening with Shavlik, Shavlik applies the first update but then needs the reboot and a second patching session for the other KB... which is obviously less than helpful! I'm going to log a case and see if this can be resolved.

Cheers

Richard.

• 2. Re: MS-15-065
            dundee Rookie

Hi Richard

Thanks for your answer.

Regards

dundee

• 3. Re: MS-15-065
              MyTwoCents Rookie

Hello Dundee,

Yes, we have the same issue.

KB3065822 installs and reboots then installs KB3075516 & KB3074886 and reboots again.

• 4. Re: MS-15-065
                Rookie

A quick follow up -

The Shavlik response to this is that it is something they cannot remedy as Protect cannot specify the order of deployment for a set of patches. Although it doesn't happen to often - it did also happen with MS15-009, which I scripted round.

Cheers

Richard