3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2015 9:20 AM by cwinning

Chrome 43.0.2357.132

Rookie

Hello,

I am trying to download the google chrome update for testing.  (43.0.2357.132)  It errors during the download.  Then log file shows and error of:

Download file: http://dl.google.com/chrome/install/GoogleChromeStandaloneEnterprise64.msi failed with message "The Underlying connection was closed: An un expected error occurred on a receive"

I have take this link and was able to manually download the file.  Any ideas on what the issue may be?

• 1. Re: Chrome 43.0.2357.132
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

My guess would be a proxy issue.  Downloading by hand would uses your logged in credentials to download the patch and Shavlik Patch may be having difficulties getting through the proxy.  Do you have proxy settings in Settings > Proxy?  If yes, verify they are correct and if no, try enabling the setting and add valid credentials.

Do you need to make an exception somewhere on your side?

Do other patches download without issue?

Thanks,

Charles

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Chrome 43.0.2357.132
            Rookie

Hi, So not sure what the issue actually was, but after retrying a bunch of different time I got it to update.  I was able to download all other updates with issues...  Thanks for getting back to me!

• 3. Re: Chrome 43.0.2357.132
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Thanks for the update, glad to see it finally worked!

Thanks,

Charles