5 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2015 1:21 PM by cwinning

Automated scheduled patch jobs do not run.

Rookie

I have a scheduled job that I think is configured to scan then patch Adobe and Java products which are specified in my patch groups. However, on the days that are set for it to deploy and patch, nothing happens. I see that the patches are deployed and are physically on the target device. However, I do not see anything updated at all in the cl5.log file for the date nor do I see any batch files created. Any help is welcome, thank you.

• 1. Re: Automated scheduled patch jobs do not run.
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

So you don't see a .his or /bat file in the C:\Windows\ProPatches\Install folder for the time of the deployment?

Do you have the latest patches included in the Patch Group?

Do these patches show as missing in the scan results?

Do you see any errors in the Deployment Tracker? F8 will get you into the Tracker.  (make sure you are looking at the correct date of the deployment attempt)

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Automated scheduled patch jobs do not run.
            Rookie

No bat or his files in the directory. The latest patches are selected in the patch group. They are downloaded on the target device. In the protect agent console patch log it says "missing patches approved for deployment: 4". I actually don't see anything for this device in the deployment tracker, even when all of failures, progress, or completed is selected to be viewed. Thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: Automated scheduled patch jobs do not run.
              cwinning CommunityTeam

I see you are using agents, that changes everything.

When you say "have a scheduled job".  Are you doing this in an Agent Policy > Patch Task or agentless through a Machine Group or View > Machines? 

For Agent Deployments:

• Agents would not use the ProPatches folder at all.  You may have a ProPatches folder if you have deployed patches not using an agent at some point.
              • Batch files are only used for non-agent deployments.
              • Agents are not Tracked in the Deployment Tracker.
              • The patches would be located in this folder:  C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Agent\Patch\PatchData and ProPatches\Patches folder.

I think it would be a good idea to collect some logs and then create a case with support.

1. Open the agent policy assigned to the machine we are gathering logs from.

2. Change the logging level to ‘All’ and Save and update Agents.  Choose to update agents if prompted.

3. Go to the target machine, close the agent GUI and stop the services:

o The services start with Shavlik or ST.

4. Delete all the logs from:

o Vista & Later: C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Logs

o Earlier OS’s:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Logs

5. Start services.

6. Attempt to reproduce the issue.

7. Take applicable screenshots.

8. Zip and attach all the logs and screenshots to the case. (from the previous specified folders above)

Support Portal

Please reference this post in the case.

Thanks,

Charles

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Automated scheduled patch jobs do not run.
                Rookie

I have actually tried to set up both the agent and through doing a run task and scheduling it that way and it seems like both methods have not resulted in my target device getting patched. I will initiate with support Thank you for your responses.

• 5. Re: Automated scheduled patch jobs do not run.
                  cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

I'm sure Support will be able o figure it out using the logs, they will most likely escalate the case to me if they deem it necessary and then I can take a look at your logs and possibly setup a WebEx.

Thanks!

Charles