3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2015 5:59 AM by cwinning

Cannot Browse Network After Patching

pjohnson Rookie

Hello,

After patching to the latest release of Shavlik Protect I get the following error message when I try to browse the network to add pc's to specific groups. "The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available."

I have already confirmed that the "computer browser" service is started and it is set to automatic.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Cannot Browse Network After Patching
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

That is quite odd since we made no changed to how Protect browses the network, have you rebooted the server? ☺  We are going to need a full set of logs capturing what is happening when you attempt to browse the network from Protect.

1. Please open the Protect GUI and then go to Tools > Options > Logging and change logging to “All” for both user interface and services.

a. If you are unable to set logging via the GUI see this doc: http://community.shavlik.com/docs/DOC-22938

2. Close the Protect GUI.

3. Stop the following services

a.Shavlik Protect Console Service

b. ST Remote Scheduler Service

4. Delete all the logs from

a.  Windows 7, 8, 2008, 2012 & Vista: C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Logs

b.  Earlier OS’s:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Logs

5.  Start the console service and open the Protect GUI.

6. Attempt to reproduce the issue. Please document steps to reproduce.

At this point you could look through the logs (location from step 4) for any obvious errors or you could collect the logs, Zip and then create a new support case.

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Cannot Browse Network After Patching
            pjohnson Rookie

Thanks Charles,

When I go to upload the zipped log files I get the following message. :You are not allowed to create or update this content"

• 3. Re: Cannot Browse Network After Patching
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

I would suggest opening a case with support due to the fact the logs will contain information about machine names, IP etc.https://support.shavlik.com/CaseLogging.aspx You should be able to upload the zip to the case without issue.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Charles