4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2015 2:53 PM by adamg23

    Wrong MSRT deployed

    rbabcock Apprentice

      Looks like with definition 2.0.1.2160 Protect is scanning for malicious software tool version 5.23 (current) but deploying version 5.22.  Refresh files did not fix this.  I downloaded the 5.23 files from Microsoft and named them xxx5.22 and that seems to have worked.

        • 1. Re: Wrong MSRT deployed
          SupportEmployee

          Hi,

           

          In checking this I found what the problem is. The file being downloaded is actually correct and will install the latest file version, but when Protect downloads the patch it is being renamed based on the "Shavlik File Name" in our logic. So, even with it named this way you can still successfully deploy the latest version (for the time being).

           

          Capture.JPG

           

          I spoke with our content team about this, and they will be updating the 'Shavlik File name' so that the name of the file downloaded reflects the version properly. This should be fixed in the next XML release.

           

          Thanks for letting us know about this.

          -Adam

          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Wrong MSRT deployed
            rbabcock Apprentice

            I think if you already had a 5.22 version, the 5.23 version didn't even get downloaded.  I know that when I did a few test deployments, the MSRT update failed until I put the new files in with the old name.  (We deployed patches at noon today after doing the renaming and I'm not seeing any MSRT failures for the machines that have already rebooted.)

            • 3. Re: Wrong MSRT deployed
              SupportEmployee

              rbabcock wrote:

               

              I think if you already had a 5.22 version, the 5.23 version didn't even get downloaded. 

               

              Yeah that will probably be true since the name isn't changed. However, it will be fixed after the next XML release. Sorry about the problems this caused. I'm sure our content team will try to make sure the Shavlik File Name gets updated whenever MSRT is updated from now on.

              • 4. Re: Wrong MSRT deployed
                SupportEmployee

                Hi,

                 

                This is now corrected as of XML 2.0.1.2214 Last Modified 4/16/2015.

                 

                The fix was not announced, but I've confirmed the download name should now be correct.

                 

                Thanks!