3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2015 11:07 AM by cwinning

Patches automatically installing

sirstox Rookie

Hello Shavliker's, Got a question for the group or company. I had to rebuild my server due to SQL growing to 10 GB and not allowing me to delete or prune the DB. Well since that time, Shavlik agent's has been auto-updating the machines at 12:00 midnight. I have looked through my Agents templates and have not found an automatic scan or push of patches listed for that time.

Any suggestions on where to look?

Thank you,

Robin

Found this in the Policy... But not sure where to edit the policy to disable the autoscan and turn off the installation process.

<Task version="1.2" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2004/02/mit/task"><RegistrationInfo><Author>NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM</Author><Source>Protect</Source><Description>EPL_PATCH</Description></RegistrationInfo><Triggers><CalendarTrigger><Enabled>true</Enabled><StartBoundary>2010-01-01T00:00:00</StartBoundary><ScheduleByWeek><WeeksInterval>1</WeeksInterval><DaysOfWeek><Monday /><Tuesday /><Wednesday /><Thursday /><Friday /><Saturday /><Sunday /></DaysOfWeek></ScheduleByWeek></CalendarTrigger></Triggers><Principals /><Settings /><Actions><STDispatcher engineID="b443f8a1-8af5-4f43-8537-467648fecc4c" engineOperationID="b985bf90-cd28-4ab8-bcd6-cf7b0d0f6eba" engineArgumentID="/tasks/f9cac0bc-20ba-41f8-b1ac-d347cd8dee21.txt" /><STDispatcher engineID="b443f8a1-8af5-4f43-8537-467648fecc4c" engineOperationID="b985bf90-cd28-4ab8-bcd6-cf7b0d0f6eba" engineArgumentID="/tasks/d939fb15-e5e0-402a-b169-b3b4e8de781a.txt" /><STDispatcher engineID="2209c768-023a-49de-a848-cb175f8ec5f9" engineOperationID="a773a3e7-2d34-4714-bea6-e0e7d8ebeb0d" engineArgumentID="/tasks/2819FADEFCBB9A00CA3C007A6079199B0000C618" /></Actions></Task>

• 1. Re: Patches automatically installing
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

I can't think of anything that would cause the agents to deploy patches without some form of configuration. 

From the Agent machine:

It's possible the Agent installed on these machines are out of date.  Log onto these machines and view the Patch tab in the agent UI.  Do you see any tasks that you don't recognize?

Does the Agent UI indicate scan and deployments are happening at that time?

From the Protect Console:

There is a chance the scan/deployment is agentless.  Do you have scan/deployments setup in Managed > Scheduled Tasks?  A scan with automatic deployment would show under the Protect console name.

I think the easiest way to ensure the agents have the correct policy is to 1) verify the policy is correct and then 2) re-install the agent on the client machine.

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Patches automatically installing
            sirstox Rookie

Found my issue. under the patch scan options: using the pull down menu to Schedule did show me the current schedule and allowed me to change it.

Thank you Charles for your input.

Robin

Untitled1.jpg

• 3. Re: Patches automatically installing
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Nice find, thanks for taking the time to post the answer.

Thanks,

Charles