3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2015 11:10 AM by pjohnson

Shavlik Protect - Remove Patches Folder

pjohnson Rookie

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to remove the downloaded patches from several client pc's and I seem to have hit a road block. I am scanning the pc, than deploying the 'null patch' and using a deployment template with the following in the 'custom actions'

-After All Patches- is selected and I have this under specify the command to execute: rm dir /s /q %pathtofixes%

The pc gets scanned, the null patch is deployed with the deployment template but the files within the 'propatches' folder never get deleted.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

Paul

• 1. Re: Shavlik Protect - Remove Patches Folder
          SupportEmployee

Hi Paul,

If you're just attempting to delete the patches out of C:\Windows\Propatches\Patches on target machines - you can also accomplish this using a built-in feature by using a deployment template set to remove temp files after deployment.

This setting is on the General tab > Deployment Actions > After - Remove temp files.

Untitled.jpg

If this is checked in the deployment template it will delete the patch files after deployment completes.

I hope that helps.

-Adam

• 2. Re: Shavlik Protect - Remove Patches Folder
            SupportEmployee

pjohnson wrote:

-After All Patches- is selected and I have this under specify the command to execute: rm dir /s /q %pathtofixes%

Hi, I tested this and it appears to work, but the syntax should have no space in rmdir, so it should be like this:

rmdir /s /q %pathtofixes%

or

rmdir /s /q C:\Windows\Propatches\Patches

Or you could also use this to delete all files within the folder instead of deleting the folder:

del /s /q /f C:\Windows\Propatches\Patches\*

Note that if any of the patch files are still in-use for any reason, access will be denied and the files will fail to delete.

I hope that helps.

-Adam

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Shavlik Protect - Remove Patches Folder
              pjohnson Rookie

Thanks Adam. I did notice that my syntax was wrong and I corrected it but I found the 'Remove temp files' option to be ideal as well.

Thanks for your time,

Paul