2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2015 11:46 AM by mcain01

Last agent check-in  vs latest patch scan date

Rookie

When reviewing the current status of machines in machine view, I regularly notice that I have machines which have a latest patch scan date/time that is newer than the last agent check-in date/time.  For example, right now I have a tablet with a last agent check-in of 2/17/2015 2:15:34 PM, but a latest patch scan date of 2/23/2015 6:27:03 PM.   The tablet (and other machines this has happened on) was not part of any other scheduled or ad-hoc scans initiated from the console, so it's not like it was scanned outside of the agent.   What would cause the last agent check in field to not get updated?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Last agent check-in  vs latest patch scan date
          SupportEmployee

Hi,

The last agent check in field will be updated from the time of the last check in, whereas the last patch scan date is updated to reflect the time that a patch scan was last completed. They don't necessarily need to match up. When the agent patch scan finishes it will send a result to the console - that doesn't mean it checks in.

Basically I don't think there's anything to worry about as long as you're seeing these getting updated on a regular basis. If last agent check in field is not being updated for a long period of time, that may indicate an issue with the check in being able to take place. If that happens, I'd suggest going to the agent system and taking a look in the STAgentUpdater.log found within C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Logs. (Or send that log in to support for review)

I hope this helps.

-Adam

• 2. Re: Last agent check-in  vs latest patch scan date
            Rookie

Thanks, Adam, that helps.  I assumed that the results only came back to the console when it checks in.  Thanks for your help!