4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2014 9:13 AM by ebunaj

How to ensure that Agent installs latest version?

dharmatma Rookie

For my machines that use the Shavlik Protect Cloud agent, when a new machine is added it does not load the latest version of the agent. The latest agent is v9.1.4334.0 (according to my console). The agent getting installed on fresh builds is v9.0.1182.0.

What am I missing? My Shavlik is v 9.1.0 build 4472.

Thanks!

-Dharmatma

• 1. Re: How to ensure that Agent installs latest version?
          SupportEmployee

Hi Dharmatma,

The agents normally should just update to the latest version associated with the Protect console - they should automatically upgrade upon check-in with the console.

I'd suggest making sure to run Help > Refresh Files on your console to ensure all binaries are up-to-date, and then go into View > Machines, select any agents that still show at build 1182, right click on the selection and choose Agents > Check-In Request.

Also - check in the datafiles folder to see if you have an outdated version of the file STPlatformUpdater.exe. This is the agent installer file.

C:\ProgramData\LANDESK\Shavlik Protect\Console\DataFiles

Right click the file and go to Properties > Details. The File Version should be 9.1.4334.0.

If the above file is still at an older version - delete the STPlatformUpdater.exe and STPlatformUpdater.cab, then run Help > Refresh Files from the Protect console again and a new version should be forced to download.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Adam

• 2. Re: How to ensure that Agent installs latest version?
            ebunaj Rookie

Adam, I'm just seeking verification...our console is reporting 9.1.4472.0 but agents are 9.1.0 build 4334.  Is that the latest build for agents, or should they also be reporting 4472?  The STPlatformUpdater.exe file is reporting version 9.1.4334.0 that you mentioned above.

Thanks,

John E

• 3. Re: How to ensure that Agent installs latest version?
              SupportEmployee

Hi,

Sorry if this becomes confusing, but with patch 2 applied (build 4472 of the console) your agents should still be at 9.1. build 4334. Sometimes when we release a patch the agent isn't updated at all so the build number doesn't change even if the console version changes.

-Adam

• 4. Re: How to ensure that Agent installs latest version?
                ebunaj Rookie

Thank you for clearing that up!  I was concerned that something wasn't working to update the clients and was assuming they should be showing the same build number.