1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2014 9:17 AM by dcollings

How to run a deployment to workstations without pushing shortcuts to desktop

Rookie

I can't figure out how to prevent my deployments from pushing shortcuts to my workstation desktops via the GUI in Shavlik Standard Protect.  Is there an easy way to do this or do I have to create a custom xml file/script? thanks.

• 1. Re: How to run a deployment to workstations without pushing shortcuts to desktop
          SupportEmployee

There is not an option in Shavlik Protect Standard to alter the install package to prevent the pushing of shortcuts to the desktop.  You could add a single Custom Action in the Deployment Template to delete the .lnk file after any patches are installed. This custom action uses the CMD syntax to delete a file. Because Custom Actions are run as the Local System account, they must be run in a silent/unattended/quiet mode as no prompts will show up on a target machine for a user. You will have to know the file name of the Shortcut and the location to do this.  Instructions to write a Custom Action to delete a single file are found at Custom Action - Delete Specific File Most patches do not add a shortcut as part of deployment because they are not full installations of the software.  Let me know if this answers your question

Thank You

Doyle Collings