4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 9:49 AM by saltwater

Deploying patch to a server error

saltwater Rookie

Hi all,

I can't seem to find a solution to "Error on machine 'Win-Server': Failed to schedule patch deployment: '{0}'".  This is displayed when it fails to schedule a patch deployment.

Has anyone seen this error before and know a solution?

TIAFailed_patch_deploy.png

• 1. Re: Deploying patch to a server error
          SupportEmployee

What is the Deployment Tracker address list under Tools>Options>Deployment? Is it an address that can be reached from the target workstation? If not, is there an address in the drop down box that can be reached from the target workstation? This is the address that the deployment tracker will use to reach the console to report deployment results. I have seen this error before when the deployment tracker on the target machine cannot reach the address or hostname specified under Tools>Options>Deployment>Deployment Tracker Address .   In your case, I would test the connection from the target machine to the console using the IP Address or Hostname specified in the deployment tracker using a telnet command from target machine command line.  Instructions to do this are found at Using Telnet to Test Ports I would also test Port 5120 from the Console to the target machine in the Protect console Command Prompt.  Let me know if you have questions concerning these instruction or if this resolves your issue.

Thank You

Doyle Collings

• 2. Re: Deploying patch to a server error
            saltwater Rookie

Hi Doyle,

It's not the port, we have hundreds of clients and 3 clients are giving out this error message.  I've successfully patched this server last week and did not have this problem.

As for the telnet to ports,

Console to Target:

telnet {machinename} 5120

Target to Console:

telnet {machinename} 3121

Most, if not all, of our hundreds of servers (around 800 +svr) are blocked using these ports.  We use the file share ports, like 445, and they work out fine.  It's just these 3 individuals some how not working.  Maybe it just needs a good kick due to it's last patch deployment.  I have not had a chance to reboot the server - will need to put in a schedule for a down time.

Any other suggestion?

tia

• 3. Re: Deploying patch to a server error
              SupportEmployee

I would next check the credentials in the Machine Properties of the three affected Servers in the Machine View. This is explained in the Document Scan Complete Successfully but Deployment Fails Due to Bad Credentials Set in Machine Properties A good reboot is not a bad idea either.  Let us know if this works for you.

Thank You

Doyle

• 4. Re: Deploying patch to a server error
                saltwater Rookie

Getting back to this error..

"I would next check the credentials in the Machine Properties of the three affected Servers in the Machine View."

No, it's not the credential.  I have a group of machines using the same credentials and only a few are getting this error.

I can use the credential that I supplied in shavlik, my admin credential, to login to the server.