3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2014 8:44 AM by pjohnson

DRS Migration

pjohnson Rookie

Hello,

Does anyone have an idea why the 'Use DRS For Migration' option is grayed out when initiating a hypervisor bulletin?

Thanks,

Paul

• 1. Re: DRS Migration
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Paul,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm looking into this.  I should have something sometime today.

Edit: Could you post a screenshot of the ESXi Hypervisor Bulletin Deployment screen?  That may give us a clue on what is going.

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: DRS Migration
            cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

I think the first thing you should do is verify you have DRS enable with full automation.  For vCenter Servers using fully automated Distributed Resources Scheduler (DRS), during a deployment Shavlik Protect will attempt to put the ESXi hypervisor into maintenance mode and allow DRS to manage the virtual machines. Shavlik Protect will not support DRS for vCenter Servers that have their DRS automation level set to Manual or Partially Automated because these DRS settings require user intervention at the vSphere client level. In this case Shavlik Protect may suspend or shut down the virtual machines, or it may cancel the deployment.

Thanks,

Charles

• 3. Re: DRS Migration
              pjohnson Rookie

Thanks Charles. That worked wonderfully! I overlooked it completely.