We are going to need logs for this type of issue. Please create a case on the Support Portal and include logs from this document:
Regarding the resigning question: The problem is that the Shavlik Patch plugin doesn't have any built-in function for re-signing the old updates with the new certificate. It will manually need to be done (via SCUP).
You should be able to re-publish the updates using SCUP 2011 - when you go to publish the updates (Publish Options) just make sure you check the box for 'Sign all software updates with a new publishing certificate when published software updates have not changed but their certificate has changed.'
Here are some resources I found that talk about how to do this as well:
An older article on Shavlik blog that has some info about re-signing updates about near the end of the article. (At "Other Ramifications with Certificates")
A Microsoft TechNet video on how to re-sign updates:
Thanks for you reply.
i don't have SCUP, i'ts necessary for shavlik patch?
Today i test it again, all servers(Windows 2012) can get the patch success but fail in lots client(Windows 7). sometimes it say "
and when i try to open case form the Portal you provide. get the below information:
Your Company LANDESK Support Program is currently .None
This Support Program does not entitle the creation of requests with LANDESK Support
If you believe that the Support Program is incorrect please contact your LANDESK Account Manager.
SCUP is not required, it was an informational suggestion.
The error you are receiving is due to your contact not being associated with an account with a support contract. Please send me your contact information including your exact company name and I will see what I can do. firstname.lastname@example.org.
i have widly push the Third-part patch to our Computers, it has about 50% computer failed to installed the patch with Error "0x80246002", i goole this error, need to recreate the "SoftwareDistribution" Folder, but we have more than 400 computers it will be lots work to do this, @Charles do you have any idea about this issue? we don't have porblem to install the mirosoft patch in these computers.
Error 0x80246002 is not specific to 3rd party patching, Microsoft has an article dedicated to the error: You receive a "0x80246002" error code when you use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates
This is a little out of our support scope, but from what I can tell the root cause of the issue is a file hash mismatch. This could be caused by a few things:
1) The vendor uses a static URL for all their updates and the patch was released again before you were able to deploy the previous update. Please see this article; Publishing an Update in SCUP or Shavlik Patch Fails With the Error: Hash (or Digest) Verification Failed on Content for Update The fix for this would be to only publish the latest 3rd party update.
2) A proxy is blocking your ability to download the 3rd party patches. Verify you can see the download updates in your content store.
3) A 3rd party vendor re-releases their patches. In this case our Content Team would update our content files once we are aware of this.
4) Make sure you have the latest content files.