3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2014 9:33 AM by cwinning

stscheduleview in ver 9.1

Rookie

Since upgrading to 9.1 whenever I do an "stscheduleview status" it always returns "no jobs found".  (with both builds 4334 & 4446).  Does this command still work with this version or is there something new that I'm missing?  I have tried uninstalling / reinstalling the scheduler on a couple of pcs but that did not change anything.  Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: stscheduleview in ver 9.1
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Yes, the command still works, the following screenshot was from my 9.1.4446 Protect console:

Do you have Patch Scans scheduled? (deployment jobs are scheduled on the target machine)

Is Tools > Options > Scheduling set to 'Shavlik Scheduler'?

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: stscheduleview in ver 9.1
            Rookie

Thanks, Charles.  I had never used it on the console before, but just tried it and it worked fine.  My problem though is actually on the client side with the deployments.  Sometimes I will want to go in & cancel a job or run it immediately rather than when scheduled, but stscheduleview status always returns no jobs found.  Those jobs do run as scheduled, so the scheduler itself is working.  Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

• 3. Re: stscheduleview in ver 9.1
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Did you verify you have Shavlik Scheduler selected in the Tools > Options? (want to verify)

Are you setting up a scan with an auto-deployment or are you scanning then going into the scan results and scheduling a deployment?  This will dictate what schedule the job will be on.

As a test, scheduled a deployment from a scan result sometime in the future.  (you can cancel it later)

Try the command on the target machine to see if the job is there.  It should look like this:

If you see nothing then look in the Microsoft Task Scheduler to see if the job is in there. (jobs will fail-over to the MS Scheduler if the Shavlik Scheduler is having issues)

Let me know what you see.

Thanks,

Charles