3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2014 12:04 PM by cwinning

Chrome Asset Version

sawnrl Rookie

For Chrome that is pushed out to machines, the Asset Scan list values that are 65.x or 66.x and yes this is the value listed in the Control Panel  Programs listing.

Is there anyway to have the version reported in the Asset Scan to be the version that you use for checking in the Patch Scan?  Here is what the Patch Information tells me:

File version is less than expected:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\37.0.2062.103\CHROME.DLL

37.0.2062.103 < 37.0.2062.120

I ask this because it is confusing to try to figure out how to convert the 65.x or 66.x back to the 36.x or 37.x to assure management that the machine has been patched.

• 1. Re: Chrome Asset Version
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

What does the Machine Inventory report show you?  It uses the information from the patch scan engine and may give you what you need.  Go to Tools > Create Report and choose Machine Inventory.  The other settings on the screen allow you to report based on a specific scan or the latest scan for each machine using 'View Current Status'.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Chrome Asset Version
            sawnrl Rookie

The Machine Inventory report lists only "Google Chrome 37 Gold".  But what I need is the full version number to be listed like: 37.x.x.x.   I tend to use the Software Catalog Report, which works well for all the other software.

• 3. Re: Chrome Asset Version
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Thanks for confirming, I was hoping it would show more information.

We use WMI to perform the asset scan and WMI is looking at the uninstall information for products to determine if they are installed or not.  We unfortunately do not have any control on how WMI works.  From what I can tell, the Chrome installer adds developer/build version number instead of the marketing version, this is why the Asset scan is showing a 66.x number and not a 37.x number.  We do not have a method of converting the developer/build number to the marketing number.

The one thing you can do is submit a feature request for this.  Shavlik Feature Request Form

Thanks,

Charles