5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2014 9:36 AM by yyzguy

java7-60 install file?

yyzguy Rookie

Hello,

Using agent to install Java7-60.   The agent log appears to attempt to download a file with the name "jre-7u60-windows-i586.exejre-7u60-windows-i586.exe" 

Is there a mistake in the XML, or some other place that is giving it the duplicated name string.?   I have deleted and redownloaded jre-7u60-windows-i586.exe and got the same results.  Both have the same MD5 hash.

Please advise

• 1. Re: java7-60 install file?
          yyzguy Rookie

Found a workaround.    Rename the file in the patch folder from jre-7u60-windows-i586.exe to jre-7u60-windows-i586.exejre-7u60-windows-i586.exe

Better yet, make a copy then rename the copy.  That way if the problem is fixed, the patch will still work.

• 2. Re: java7-60 install file?
            cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Can you confirm whether the Agent is downloading form the internet or from a Distribution Server?

Thank you,

Charles

• 3. Re: java7-60 install file?
              yyzguy Rookie

Downloading from the console, which is also the distribution server.   That's how I was able to rename the file to  jre-7u60-windows-i586.exejre-7u60-windows-i586.exe in order to "fool" it into downloading it.   BTW, I had this same problem once before many years ago where the agent was asking for the file by the wrong name.  I did the same workaround of renaming the file to what the agent was asking for.  That happened  an older version of Shavlik on a 2003 server.   This the current version running on 2008R2.

• 4. Re: java7-60 install file?
                cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification, I was able to reproduce the issue in my test lab.  We will have a fix for this in today's XML release.

Best regards,

Charles

• 5. Re: java7-60 install file?
                  yyzguy Rookie

Fantastic.  I am surprised that no one else reported this sooner....this was released nearly a month ago.

For any one following this, I suggest keep two copies of the patch file,  one with the doubled name and one with the correct name.  That way, the patch will work before and after the XML is fixed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful