3 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2014 6:35 AM by cwinning

May 2014 second Tuesday Patch scanning

Rookie

Hi,

I have a Windows 7 machine on which I have installed Microsoft .NET 1.1 and 4.5.1.

I scan this machine for May 2014 patches using Shavlik Protect. Interestingly the scan shows missing patch for .NET 3.5.1 (Q2931356) which I have not installed on my machine at all.

Why Shavlik Protect is showing up this patch as missing eventhough my machine does not have .NET 3.5.1?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Srikanth Badireddy

• 1. Re: May 2014 second Tuesday Patch scanning
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Windows 7 includes the .NET Framework 3.5.1 as an OS component.  This screenshot shows where it is enabled:  .Net 3.5.1.  I would suggest opening a case with support if you believe .Net 3.5.1 is not enabled. 

It would be a good idea to scan this machine and collect logs.

Protect 9.X console logging:

1. Please open the Protect GUI and then go to Tools > Options > Logging and change logging to “All” for both user interface and services.

a. If you are unable to set logging via the GUI see this doc: http://community.shavlik.com/docs/DOC-22938

2. Close the Protect GUI.

3. Stop the following services

a.Shavlik Protect Console Service

b. ST Remote Scheduler Service

4. Delete all the logs from

a.  Windows 7, 8, 2008, 2012 & Vista: C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Logs

b.  Earlier OS’s:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Logs

5.  Start the console service and open the Protect GUI.

6. Attempt to reproduce the issue. Please document steps to reproduce.

a. Collect the logs from the Logs folder mentioned earlier in step 4 (please zip if possible)

b. [Deployment issues only] On the target system please zip and send a copy of the entire C:\Windows\Propatches folder and its contents (you can leave out the Patches sub-folder).

7. Zip and send all the logs.

Thank you,

Charles

• 2. Re: May 2014 second Tuesday Patch scanning
            Rookie

Thanks Charles, I did not realise that .NET 3.5.1 comes with OS as a component.

It is enabled in my machine. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Srikanth Badireddy

• 3. Re: May 2014 second Tuesday Patch scanning
              cwinning CommunityTeam

You're welcome Srikanth.

Thank you,

Charles