5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2014 12:53 PM by alfrednims

Shavlik reporting

mills63 Rookie

I would like to run a report on a few server to show all install patches on the server.

I have looked through the predfined reports and dont seem to be able to fine one that shows installed patches on a server.

Can any one help.

Thanks

Steve

• 1. Re: Shavlik reporting
          rworlton Employee

Steve,

Try the patch Status Detail report, to get detail on a specific group of machines uncheck "view current status" and select the most recent scan of the group your looking to report on.

-Ryan

• 2. Re: Shavlik reporting
            mills63 Rookie

Hi Ryan

That dosnt show the patches install on the servers, it showed nothing because the servers are full patched.

Thanks

Steve

• 3. Re: Shavlik reporting
              rworlton Employee

Steve, that probably indicates a deeper problem. That report should generate a list of patches and give a status of where they are installed or not installed.  So in the senario of your server being fully patched it should show each Patch with Green Installed checkmarks next to each server in your group. if your not seeing data it's probably due to no scan being performed... have you performed a patch scan on those machines?

if your not getting any data for that report after running a scan, you'll want to open  a case with support to and have them investigate further.

another way to get to this data would be to do the following

1. Go to View | Machines
              2. In the top Pane select the machines you want to report on, either by CTRL Select or by selecting a group
              3. In the bottom Pane select the Patches Tab
              4. Expand Patch installed
              5. Select via a left mouse click the Parent Patch Installed category.. highlighting all installed patches
              6. Right click and select export as CSV

I suspect that if your not getting anyhing in the patch status detail you wont see anything in this other method but it's worth a shot.

-Ryan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Shavlik reporting
                mills63 Rookie

You are right nothing here either. I did select a number of other servers and it has shown me only a list of the last lot of patches install still not a list of all patches installed on the server.

So you think this is a deeper issue and I should put up a case.

Thanks

Steve

• 5. Re: Shavlik reporting
                  alfrednims Rookie

First do a full scan of the machines you want the info on. Then use Condensed Patch Listing report, then Use advanced filter. Generate Report will then give you options. I then pick the latest scan in the Scan Name list. Under Patches I pick Bulletin IDs and check all the bulletins I want to know about (sorry, shift or ctrl buttons, check each one)   :-( Then go to Machines, Machine Names and pick the machines you want (again shift or ctrl don't help). Then OK at the bottom. Try with one machine first.Can't get a screenshot to upload sorry.