2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2014 11:49 PM by sagik

Unable to download latest engines and definitions...

Rookie

Hi,

I unable to download the definitions. I tested three different corporate proxies, but all of them failed.

I tried to check About Shavlik, but never finished. This is strange, becuase I checked for program updates, and I got immediately "No updates available".

The Options/Proxy/Test finished successfully.

Anyone else faced this issue?

Regards,

SagiK

• 1. Re: Unable to download latest engines and definitions...
          SupportEmployee

Hi,

What version of Protect are you using?

Have you ensure that that you have your proxy credentials entered into Protect via Tools > Options > Proxy?

If you go into Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN settings how is the proxy set up? (A screenshot would be easiest if possible)

Would you be able to run the following test to help determine what is causing the issue?

1) In Protect go to Tools > Options > Logging. Ensure that both options are set to 'All'. Save.

2) Close Protect.

3) Open services.msc and stop the Shavlik Protect Console service.

4) Delete all the logs from 

a.  Windows 7, 8, 2008, 2012 & Vista: C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Logs

b.  Earlier OS’s:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Logs

5) Start the Shavlik Protect Console service.

6) Open Protect

7) Run Help > Refresh Files

8) After it's done or fails, gather the logs that now exist in the folder from step 4. Zip and send the logs either to me on this discussion or to support by creating a case at https://support.shavlik.com/.

• 2. Re: Unable to download latest engines and definitions...
            Rookie

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually works fine.

Regards,

SagiK