9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2013 10:03 AM by ronda

Hello, 2 main problems I have with Shavlik Protect

Rookie

All the features like patch scan and asset scan for a remote computer doesnt work from machine view.

(right click and choose operation), It gives me error 201.

However, in non-machine view (when I click on the computer group and then 'run operation' and choose operation) everything is ok.

I dont know what is the problem.

In the same remote computer. I installed an agent.

[Have to say that it wasnt easy because I needed to register from the remote machine to the console manually (havn't figured it out yet why) and then needed to check-in (wasn't easy also, clock sync stuff...).]

From the consol's machine I try now to make operations from the agent menu like - 'preform check in' , 'assign policy' etc.. and it gives me an error 'Agent didnt respond'. I am trying again and again do stuff like manual check-in, restart to services related, restart to both computers etc..firewalls off..

The 2 computers are in differrent local networks like 4.4.4.4/24 and 6.6.6.6/24

WHEN THE 2 COMPUTERS ARE ON THE SAME NETWORK EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECT. LIKE 4.4.4.4/24 AND 4.4.4.3/24.

I dont know why those problems occur. All connections between computers seems to be fine. Kind of desperate.

Help please,

Best regards.

Ron Daniel.