3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2013 12:35 PM by chrisgoettl

Shavlik 9.0 - Reporting Layout

Rookie

Hi, we use Shavlik 8.2 for scanning server. Recently we have updated our version in 9.0, and we have a little problem with “ipAddress” Node in XML Reporting. In old version, 8.2, we viewed in this node IP Address clearly like “<ipAddress>172.16.10.XX </ipAddress>”, now in new version we view it encrypted like “<ipAddress>wKgHlA==</ipAddress>”.

This is a problem for us, because we have developed an internal software for read XML File, based on “IpAddress”.

Am I Able to view clearly IP Address in 9.0 Version? So can you give us a solution? Or a work around?

Let me know.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Francesco

• 1. Re: Shavlik 9.0 - Reporting Layout
          chrisgoettl SupportEmployee

Francesco,

I just reproduced the same.  We are not encrypting anything during the conversion to my knowledge.  The assessment results before they are imported are encrypted (new in 9.0 due to the Cloud Agent feature and the necessety to encrypt data in transit), but this seems to be a change in the conversion from Active Reports' reporting engine. 

Can you submit a support case so we can open and track this case?  I will also forward what I have found internally.

Thanks,

Chris Goettl

• 2. Re: Shavlik 9.0 - Reporting Layout
            Rookie

Hi Chris,

I have juste replied you by mail.

So, I have already open a case and support replied me this :

“To let you know the issue in the report is a defect for version 9, it should be resolved in a future release. In the meantime I will see if we can find a work around.”

I asked if you know Released Date for new version, but I have not received  a reply.

Thanks,

Francesco

• 3. Re: Shavlik 9.0 - Reporting Layout
              chrisgoettl SupportEmployee

We are not quite ready to announce a release date for 9.1, but some field testing of specific issues will be starting up in November with a public beta most likely in January.

If you, or anyone else for that matter, are interested in joining the beta or filed testing for the next release or the console backup and migration tool please contact us at beta@shavlik.com or you can contact me directly.

I will follow up with the escalation team internally as well to see what I can find out. 

Chris Goettl

Product Manager

Shavlik Protect Team, LANDesk