1 of 1 people found this helpful
We did have another customer report this same issue. We found the problem to only be with CCleaner patches.
Our data content team provided this explanation yesterday - The vendor uses a static URL and leading up them releasing a new version they pull the old version so it's possible we may run into download error during that time. It looks like version 406 just released so we are working on adding detection for it. Once the next XML is released it should resolve this.
As for this causing a crash - we are still looking into this.
You can see when XML updates are released for Protect with the following methods:
XML Announcements Sign up: http://www.shavlik.com/support/xmlsubscribe/
Patch Data Information Web Page: http://protectessentials.shavlik.com/
Patch Data Information Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShavlikXML