3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2013 10:15 AM by adamg23

Depoly Service Pack via scheduled task?

Rookie

I have agents setup with regular patches and services packs, but see no way to separate these from the normal templates?

If I schedule a task will it patch both general patches and service packs?

If not, how do I get a service pack to deploy with a task?

Thanks,

Dan

• 1. Re: Depoly Service Pack via scheduled task?
          SupportEmployee

Hi,

In your agent policy when you set up a patch task you have the option to separately enable deployment for patches and service packs. If you only enable deployment for service packs, you could then set it to use a service pack group if you only wish to deploy one specific service pack.

A couple things to note - You can create multiple patch tasks within a single agent policy, and the use of service pack groups is only available when using agents.

I hope this helps.

• 2. Re: Depoly Service Pack via scheduled task?
            Rookie

I am all set with the agents, my question, and how I should have phrased it,  is how to do this agentless.

• 3. Re: Depoly Service Pack via scheduled task?
              SupportEmployee

For agentless service pack scanning and deploy you cannot filter service packs out of the scan, and you can only deploy one service pack at a time (go to scan results > right click on the SP > choose "Deploy latest service pack".

I would suggest taking a look at the following Help document within Protect:

Help > Contents > Agentless Patch Management Tasks > Deploying Patches > Deploying Service Packs