4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2013 4:31 PM by sirstox

2 Distribution servers - Not getting core data files

sirstox Rookie

Hello Shavlik,

I have two distribution servers that are onlye getting "powerShellModules" folders and no other Core Data files copied to the folder.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting this issue?

I can manually copy the required files from another distribution server to that machine.

Thanks,

Robin

• 1. Re: 2 Distribution servers - Not getting core data files
          sirstox Rookie

Also while going through the documentation.  On page 384 Manually Synchronizing Selected Distrtibution Servers.

It points out two locations for Datafiles and Patches.

C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Console\Datafiles

&

C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Console\Patches

On my Windows Server 2008 r2

The patches are in C:\ProgramData\Shavlik Technologies\NetChk\Patches.

Thank-you,

Robin

7-19-2013 2-23-29 PM.jpg7-19-2013 2-18-09 PM.jpg

• 2. Re: 2 Distribution servers - Not getting core data files
            cjensen SupportEmployee

Hi Robin,

Just a few questions about your setup.  Is auto sync enabled for this Distribution Server, within   Tools > Operations > Distribution Servers?

How often is it setup to sync within  Tools > Operations > Distribution Servers?

Is the sync completing successfully? You can look at this data within View > Event History.

• 3. Re: 2 Distribution servers - Not getting core data files
              sirstox Rookie

Yes all distribution servers are set to Hourly, then every 12 hours.

So 1am and then every 12 hours.

Just to test I have changed it to 3:10 pm and every 12 hours, it should scan in 2 minutes. It did not work.

I have attached a screen shot of the event viewer to show what is happening.

7-19-2013 3-19-26 PM.jpg

• 4. Re: 2 Distribution servers - Not getting core data files
                sirstox Rookie

I believe that I found the issue. Checked the Sharing and Security Permissions and even though Everyone was set to change and read permission it would not work. I had to add the default ID that was used in Shavlik to the permission of the folder and it allowed the files to be copied to the folder.

That worked on 1 server for the other one. I had to delete the share and re-create it.

Thanks,

Robin