The file is actually the correct one associated to this bulletin. I could see how the filename is a bit confusing, though.
The previous version was:
The new one is:
I hope this helps.
Diane you are not alone. On my systems i noticed that on monday whent he xml was released or tuesday whichever day it was that my machines would sit on that update and never finish it. i rebooted and tried all the ususal steps. What i determined is that it is indeed downloading a bad file. I downloaded from the console fresh and tried a manual install and the file comes up and says that it is a bad file. This is simply an example of the XML file not being tested thoroughly. I have over 200 machines missing this update due to this issue right now.
I had only one system for which this update failed. That system would not schedule the updates either, so we were installing manually. The msi failed only on that system, so I'll say that the problem is limited.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
In my testing I only downloaded the file - I did not actually attempt install. We have now confirmed the issue with this patch, and our data team will have this fixed in the next XML release.
I apologize for the trouble.