So you are getting a 451 or 452 error when scanning? It is most likely UAC causing the issue. I looked at one of our QA Windows 8 VMs (non-domain joined as well) just now and it is set to the second pip from the top in the UAC settings. Can you verify if that is what you are configured as?
I did a search for UAC on the system or you can find the UAC settings using the tutorial below:
Actually, you may need this as well. I just talked to one our escalation techs and he said this is a key he had to modify for non-domain joined windows 8 machines to scan agentlessly.
- 1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
- 2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
- 3. If the LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy registry entry does not exist, follow these steps:
- a. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- b. Type LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy, and then press ENTER.
- 1. Right-click LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy, and then click Modify.
- 2. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- 3. Exit Registry Editor.