5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2013 7:44 AM by danh2010

Manual Agent Deploy

BryanH Rookie

Can you setup the agent patch policy to be a manual deployment instead of a schedule?  But, still be able to schedule for a later date/time?  For instance, when we push out patches to servers, we initiate on  a day during the week, but the patches don't actually run until sometime over the weekend.  We wold like to do this for agent servers as well, to maintain some level of control over when the patches get deployed, but don't want to have someone have to initiate say at 4:00 AM on a Sunday.

• 1. Re: Manual Agent Deploy
          chrisgoettl SupportEmployee

No, the agent policy currently requires a set schedule and the task runs scan then auto deploy.  You have control over the reboot and the task start time, but you cannot queue up one time tasks or manual deployment jobs.  Most server environments utilize the agentless scan and deployment capabilities.  The agent is typically for the machines you want to set and forget. 

What you can do, however, is use the agent to scan then deploy from the console agentlessly.  If you go into the machine view in the Protect console you will see the latest result and can choose to deploy. 

Chris

• 2. Re: Manual Agent Deploy
            Rookie

I apologize for hijaking this thread, but I have the same want in my environment.

In my case, I use the agents on remote machines.  If I send a task to be run from the Machine Group, it takes forever to complete, but run from the agent is normal speed as it is run locally.

• 3. Re: Manual Agent Deploy
              chrisgoettl SupportEmployee

One thing I would have both of you do, and anyone else who wants this as well.  Submit a feature request.  We have some reqests for this, but not enough to prioritize it yet.  Shavlik.featureidea.com.  The more requests we have the easier it is to prioritize a feature.  Our 9.0 release closed out over 50 customer requests submitted through our feature requets system. 

Chris 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Manual Agent Deploy
                BryanH Rookie

I submitted a feature request, Added the patch deploy with 2 option, have agents scan and execute now, and delayed start, like run today at 11:55 PM

• 5. Re: Manual Agent Deploy
                  Rookie

I added one too: ID: RE-1763